Jozabad [N] [E] [H]
(Jehovah justifies ).
- A captain of the thousands of Manasseh, who deserted to David before the battle of Gilboa. ( 1 Chronicles 12:20 ) (B.C. 1053.)
- A hero of Manasseh, like the preceding. ( 1 Chronicles 12:20 )
- A Levite in the reign of Hezekiah. ( 2 Chronicles 31:13 ) (B.C. 726.)
- A chief Levite in the reign of Josiah. ( 2 Chronicles 35:9 )
- A Levite, son of Jeshua, in the days of Ezra. ( Ezra 8:33 ) (B.C. 459.) Probably identical with No. 7.
- A priest of the sons of Pashur, who had married a foreign wife. ( Ezra 10:22 )
- A Levite among those who returned with Ezra and had married foreign wives. He is probably identical with Jozabad the Levite, ( Nehemiah 8:7 ) and with Jozabad who presided over the outer work of the temple. ( Nehemiah 11:16 ) (B.C. 459.)
[N] indicates this entry was also found in Nave's Topical Bible
[E] indicates this entry was also found in Easton's Bible Dictionary
[H] indicates this entry was also found in Hitchcock's Bible Names
Bibliography InformationSmith, William, Dr. "Entry for 'Jozabad'". "Smith's Bible Dictionary". . 1901.