Try out the new BibleStudyTools.com. Click here!

Beth-tappuah

Beth-tappuah [N]

house of apples, a town of Judah, now Tuffuh, 5 miles west of Hebron ( Joshua 15:53 ).

These dictionary topics are from
M.G. Easton M.A., D.D., Illustrated Bible Dictionary, Third Edition,
published by Thomas Nelson, 1897. Public Domain, copy freely.

[N] indicates this entry was also found in Nave's Topical Bible

Bibliography Information

Easton, Matthew George. "Entry for Beth-tappuah". "Easton's Bible Dictionary". .

Beth-tappuah

(house of apples ), one of the towns of Judah in the mountainous district, and near Hebron. ( Joshua 15:53 ) comp. 1Chr 2:43 Here it has actually been discovered by Robinson under the modern name of Teffuh , five miles west of Hebron, on a ridge of high table-land.


Bibliography Information

Smith, William, Dr. "Entry for 'Bethtappuah'". "Smith's Bible Dictionary". . 1901.