Eliphelet [N] [E]
(the God of deliverance ).
- The name of a son of David, one of the children born to him after his establishment in Jerusalem. ( 1 Chronicles 3:6 ) (B.C. after 1044.)
- Another son of David, belonging also to the Jerusalem family, and apparently the last of his sons. ( 1 Chronicles 3:8 )
- One of the thirty warriors of Davids guard. ( 2 Samuel 23:34 )
- Son of Eshek, a descendant of King Saul through Jonathan. ( 1 Chronicles 8:39 ) (B.C. before 536.)
- One of the leaders of the Bene-Adonikam who returned from Babylon with Ezra. ( Ezra 8:13 ) (B.C. 459.)
- A man of the Bene-Hushum in the time of Ezra who had married a foreign wife. ( Ezra 10:33 ) (B.C. 458).
[N] indicates this entry was also found in Nave's Topical Bible
[E] indicates this entry was also found in Easton's Bible Dictionary
Bibliography InformationSmith, William, Dr. "Entry for 'Eliphelet'". "Smith's Bible Dictionary". . 1901.