redemption of the Lord.
redemption of the Lord
(whom Jehovah redeems ).
pe-da'-ya, pe-di'-a (pedhayahu, "Yah redeems"):
(1) Father of Joel, who was ruler of Western Manasseh in David's reign (1 Chronicles 27:20). Form pedhayah (see above).
(2) Pedaiah of Rumah (2 Kings 23:36), father of Zebudah, Jehoiakim's mother.
(3) A son of Jeconiah (1 Chronicles 3:18); in 1 Chronicles 3:19 the father of Zerubbabel. Pedaiah's brother, Shealtiel, is also called father of Zerubbabel (Ezra 3:2; but in 1 Chronicles 3:17 the King James Version spelled "Salathiel"). There may have been two cousins, or even different individuals may be referred to under Shealtiel and Salathiel respectively.
(4) Another who helped to repair the city wall (Nehemiah 3:25), of the family of PAROSH (which see). Perhaps this is the man who stood by Ezra at the reading of the Law (Nehemiah 8:4; 1 Esdras 9:44, called "Phaldeus").
(5) A "Levite," appointed one of the treasurers over the "treasuries" of the Lord's house (Nehemiah 13:13).
(6) A Benjamite, one of the rulers residing in Jerusalem under the "return" arrangements (Nehemiah 11:7).
These files are public domain.