whom Jehovah repays.
God is my perfection; my happiness; my peace
(repaid by Jehovah ).
shel-e-mi'-a, she-lem'-ya (shelemyah; Codex Vaticanus Selemia, Codex Alexandrinus (Selemias):
(1) One of the sons of Bani who married foreign wives in the time of Ezra (Ezra 10:39), called "Selemias" in 1 Esdras 9:34.
(2) Father of Hananiah who restored part of the wall of Jerusalem (Nehemiah 3:30) (Codex Vaticanus Telemia, ..., Telemias).
(3) A priest who was appointed one of the treasurers to distribute the Levitical tithes by Nehemiah (Nehemiah 13:13).
(5) The father of Irijah, the captain of the ward, who arrested Jeremiah as a deserter to the Chaldeans (Jeremiah 37:13).
(6) 1 Chronicles 26:14.
(7) Another of the sons of Bani who married foreign wives in the time of Ezra (Ezra 10:41). It is of interest to note that the order of names in this passage--Sharai, Azarel, and Shelemiah--is almost identical with the names in Jeremiah 36:26, namely, Seraiah, Azriel, Shelemiah.
(8) Ancestor of Jehudi (Jeremiah 36:14).
(9) Septuagint omits.) Son of Abdeel, one of the men sent by Jehoiakim to seize Baruch and Jeremiah after Baruch had read the "roll" in the king's presence (Jeremiah 36:26).
Horace J. Wolf
These files are public domain.