We are currently undergoing maintenance, all user specific funtions will be disabled for a short time. Sorry for the inconvenience.
The NAS New Testament Greek Lexicon
Greek lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary plus others; this is keyed to the large Kittel and the "Theological Dictionary of the New Testament." These files are public domain.
| Strong's Number: 4355|| Browse Lexicon |
|Original Word||Word Origin|
|proslambano||from (4314) and (2983)|
|Transliterated Word||TDNT Entry|
|Phonetic Spelling||Parts of Speech|
|pros-lam-ban'-o ||Verb |
- to take to, take in addition, to take to one's self
- to take as one's companion
- to take by the hand in order to lead aside
- to take or receive into one's home, with the collateral idea of kindness
- to receive, i.e. grant one access to one's heart
- to take into friendship and intercourse
- to take to one's self, to take: i.e. food
| NAS Word Usage - Total: 12|
|accept 3, accepted 2, received 1, taken 1, taking along 1, took 1, took...aside 3|
Bibliography InformationThayer and Smith. "Greek Lexicon entry for Proslambano". "The NAS New Testament Greek Lexicon". . 1999.