We are currently undergoing maintenance, all user specific funtions will be disabled for a short time. Sorry for the inconvenience.
The NAS Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
The Hebrew lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
| Strong's Number: 1351|| Browse Lexicon |
|Original Word||Word Origin|
|lag||a primitive root|
|Transliterated Word||TDNT Entry|
|Ga'al||TWOT - 301|
|Phonetic Spelling||Parts of Speech|
|gaw-al' ||Verb |
- to defile, pollute, desecrate
- (Niphal) to be defiled, be polluted
- (Piel) to pollute, desecrate
- (Pual) to be desecrated (of removal from priesthood)
- (Hiphil) to pollute, stain
- (Hithpael) to defile oneself
| NAS Word Usage - Total: 11|
|defile 2, defiled 6, stained 1, unclean 2|
Bibliography Information Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Ga'al". "The NAS Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon". .