5 (For the one directing. Mizmor Dovid. Shir). Tehillah (praise) is due Thee, O Elohim, in Tziyon; And unto Thee shall the neder (vow) be performed.
(3) O Thou that hearest tefillah (prayer), unto Thee shall kol basar come.
(4) Divrei avonot (instances of iniquity) overwhelm me; as for peysha’einu (our transgressions), Thou hast made kapporah for them.
(5) Ashrei is the one whom Thou choosest, and causest to come near unto Thee, that he may dwell in Thy khatzerot; we shall be satisfied with the tov of Thy Beis, even of Thy Heikhal Kodesh.
(6) By nora’ot (awesome deeds, awe-inspiring things) of tzedek (justice) wilt Thou answer us, O Elohei Yish’einu (G-d of our salvation); Who art the hope of all the ends of eretz, and of them that are on the farthest seas;
(7) Which by His ko’ach established the harim (mountains), being girded with gevurah;
(8) Which stilleth the roar of the seas, the roar of their waves, and the tumult of the Amim (peoples, nations).
(9) They also that dwell in the uttermost parts are afraid at Thy otot (signs); Thou makest the outgoing exits of boker and erev to resound with joy.
(11) Thou waterest the furrows thereof abundantly; Thou settlest the ridges thereof; Thou makest it soft with showers; Thou blessest the tzemach (sprout, branch, see Zech 6:12) thereof.
(12) Thou crownest shnat tovatecha (the year with Thy goodness, bounty); and Thy paths drip with plenty.
(13) They drip upon the pastures of the midbar; and the hills are enrobed with gladness.
(14) The meadows are clothed with tzon; the amakim (valleys) also are covered over with grain; they shout for joy, they also sing.