Satchel Paige was a baseball legend. His promotion to the major leagues was delayed because of the infamous color barrier. He came to the majors at the age of 42 and pitched in a game when he was 59. Here were his rules for staying young:
* Avoid fried meats which angry up the blood.
* If your stomach disputes you, lie down and pacify it with cool thoughts.
* Keep the juices flowing by jangling around gently as you move.
* Go very lightly on the vices, such as carrying on in society. The social ramble ain't restful.
* Avoid running.
* Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.