28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.
28:2 And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.
In the end of the Sabbath
In the end of the Sabbath
The order of events, combining the four narratives, is as follows: Three women, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and Salome, start for the sepulchre, followed by other women bearing spices. The three find the stone rolled away, and Mary Magdalene goes to tell the disciples. Luke 23:55-24:9 ; John 20:1 John 20:2 . Mary, the mother of James and Joses, draws nearer the tomb and sees the angel of the Lord Matthew 28:2 . She goes back to meet the other women following with the spices. Meanwhile Peter and John, warned by Mary Magdalene, arrive, look in, and go away John 20:3-10 . Mary Magdalene returns weeping, sees the two angels and then Jesus John 20:11-18 and goes as He bade her to tell the disciples. Mary (mother of James and Joses), meanwhile, has met the women with the spices and, returning with them, they see the two angels. ; Luke 24:4 Luke 24:5 ; Mark 16:5 . They also receive the angelic message, and, going to seek the disciples, are met by Jesus. Matthew 28:8-10 .
Supposed to be Mary the mother of James and Joses.
28:5 And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.
an angel etc. (See Scofield "Hebrews 1:4") .
28:9 And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.
(See Scofield "Hebrews 1:4")
28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
The order of our Lord's appearances would seem to be: On the day of his resurrection:
(1) To Mary Magdalene John 10:14-18 .
(2) To the women returning from the tomb with angelic message Matthew 28:8-10 .
(4) To the Emmaus disciples toward evening Luke 24:13-31 .
(2) On a mountain, to the apostles and five hundred brethren 1 Corinthians 15:6 . At Jerusalem and Bethany again:
(1) To James 1 Corinthians 15:7 .
To Stephen outside Jerusalem Acts 7:55 .
To John on Patmos Revelation 1:10-19 .
28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
With the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ begins the "dispensation of the grace of God" Ephesians 3:2, which is defined as "his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus"; and, "the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:7-9, under grace God freely gives to the believing sinner eternal life Romans 6:23 accounts to him a perfect righteousness ; Romans 3:21 Romans 3:22 ; Romans 4:4 Romans 4:5 and accords to him a perfect position Ephesians 1:6
The predicted results of this sixth testing of man are
(1) the salvation of all who believe Acts 16:31 .
(4) The judgment 2 Thessalonians 2:7-12 .
The word is in the singular, the "name," not names. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is the final name of the one true God. It affirms:
(1) That God is one.
(2) That He subsists in a personality which is threefold, indicated by relationship as Father and Son; by a mode of being as Spirit; and by the different parts taken by the Godhead in manifestation and in the work of redemption, e.g. John 3:5 John 3:6 (Spirit), John 3:16 John 3:17 (Father and Son). In ; Matthew 3:16 Matthew 3:17 ; Mark 1:10 Mark 1:11 ; Luke 3:21 Luke 3:22 the three persons are in manifestation together.
(3) The conjunction in one name of the Three affirms equality and oneness of substance. See O.T. Names of God:
(See Scofield "Genesis 1:1") See Scofield " Genesis 2:4 " See Scofield " Genesis 14:18 " See Scofield " Genesis 15:2 " See Scofield " Genesis 17:1 " See Scofield " Genesis 21:33 " See Scofield " 1 Samuel 1:3 "
The next reference, Malachi 3:18, provides a Summary
(See Scofield "Malachi 3:18")
See "Lord" (See Scofield "Matthew 8:2")
end of the world
consummation of the age.