|Overview - 1 Chronicles 11|
|1||David by general consent is made king at Hebron.|
|4||He wins the castle of Zion from the Jebusites by Joab's valour.|
|10||A catalogue of David's mighty men.|
1 Chronicles 11:10 (King James Version)
These also are the chief of the mighty men whom David had, who strengthened themselves with him in his kingdom, and with all Israel, to make him king, according to the word of the LORD concerning Israel.
- M. 2949-2989. B.C. 1055-1015. An. Ex. Is. 436-476. the
- chief. The valiant men who assisted David in his advancement, and helped to establish him in his authority, were those, in all likelihood, that had accompanied him during his persecution by Saul.
- 2 Samuel 23:8
- strengthened themselves with
- or, held strongly with. to
- 12:38 2 Samuel 3:17 2 Samuel 3:18 2 Samuel 3:21
- 1 Samuel 16:1 1 Samuel 16:12-14