|Overview - 1 Chronicles 5|
|1||Judah and Joseph preferred before Reuben, who forfeited his birthright.|
|3||Ruben's descendants; some of whom vanquish the Hagarites.|
|11||The chief men of Gad, and their habitations.|
|18||Ruben, Gad, and half of Manasseh, obtain a victory over the Hagarites.|
|23||The habitations and chief men of that half of Manasseh.|
|25||The captivity of the two tribes and half, for their sins.|
1 Chronicles 5:1 (King James Version)
Now the sons of Reuben the firstborn of Israel, (for he was the firstborn; but, forasmuch as he defiled his father's bed, his birthright was given unto the sons of Joseph the son of Israel: and the genealogy is not to be reckoned after the birthright.
- M. 2294, etc. B.C. 1710, etc. he was.
- 2:1 Genesis 29:32 ; 46:8 49:3 Exodus 6:14 ; Numbers 1:5 ; 16:1 26:5
- Genesis 35:22 ; 49:4 Leviticus 18:8 ; 20:11 Deuteronomy 27:20 ; 1 Corinthians 5:1
- 26:10 Genesis 48:15-22 ; Deuteronomy 21:17 ; Colossians 1:15
- Genesis 25:23 ; 1 Samuel 16:6-11
- Joshua 14:6