|Overview - 1 Kings 8|
|1||The feast of the dedication of the temple.|
|62||His sacrifice of peace offerings.|
1 Kings 8:1 (King James Version)
Then Solomon assembled the elders of Israel, and all the heads of the tribes, the chief of the fathers of the children of Israel, unto king Solomon in Jerusalem, that they might bring up the ark of the covenant of the LORD out of the city of David, which is Zion.
- M. 3000. B.C. 1004. Solomon.
- This did not take place, according to Abp. Usher, till the year after the temple was finished, because that year was a jubilee
- "The 8th day of the 7th month, viz. the 30th of our October, being Friday, was the first of the seven days of dedication; the 10th day, Saturday, November 1, the fast of expiation or atonement was held; whereon, according to the Levitical law, the jubilee was proclaimed by sound of trumpet. The 15th day, Friday, was the feast of tabernacles, which was always very solemnly kept; and the day following, Nov. 14, being our Saturday, when the Sabbath was ended, the people returned home."
- 2 Chronicles 5:2-10
- Joshua 23:2 ; 24:1 1 Chronicles 28:1 ; 2 Chronicles 30:1 ; Ezra 3:1
- chief of the fathers
- Hebrew princes.
- Numbers 7:3
- that they might bring
- 2 Samuel 6:1 2 Samuel 6:2 2 Samuel 6:6 2 Samuel 6:12 ; 1 Chronicles 13:1-5 ; 1 Chronicles 15:3 1 Chronicles 15:25
- out of the city
- 3:15 2 Samuel 5:7-9 ; 6:12-17 1 Chronicles 11:7 ; 15:29 16:1 Psalms 9:11 ; 102:21
- Isaiah 28:16 ; 46:13 1 Peter 2:6