|Overview - 1 Samuel 26|
|1||Saul, by the discovery of the Ziphites, comes to Hachilah against David.|
|4||David coming into the trench stays Abishai from killing Saul, but takes his spear and cruse.|
|13||David reproves Abner;|
|17||and exhorts Saul.|
|21||Saul acknowledges his sin.|
1 Samuel 26:19 (King James Version)
Now therefore, I pray thee, let my lord the king hear the words of his servant. If the LORD have stirred thee up against me, let him accept an offering: but if they be the children of men, cursed be they before the LORD; for they have driven me out this day from abiding in the inheritance of the LORD, saying, Go, serve other gods.
- let my lord
- 25:24 Genesis 44:18
- 16:14-23 18:10 2 Samuel 16:11 ; 24:1 1 Kings 22:22 ; 1 Chronicles 21:1
- Hebrew smell.
- Genesis 8:21 ; Leviticus 26:31 ; Psalms 119:1-8
- Proverbs 6:16-19 ; 30:10 Galatians 1:8 Galatians 1:9 ; 5:12 2 Timothy 4:14
- they have driven
- Deuteronomy 4:27 Deuteronomy 4:28 ; Joshua 22:25-27 ; Psalms 42:1 Psalms 42:2 ; 120:5 Isaiah 60:5 ; Romans 14:15
- Hebrew cleaving. the inheritance.
- 2 Samuel 14:16 ; 20:19