|Overview - 2 Chronicles 34|
|1||Josiah's good reign.|
|3||He destroys idolatry.|
|8||He takes order for the repair of the temple.|
|14||Hilkiah, having found a book of the law, Josiah sends to Huldah to enquire of the Lord.|
|23||Huldah prophesies the destruction of Jerusalem, but respite thereof in Josiah's time.|
|29||Josiah, causing it to be read in a solemn assembly, renews the covenant with God.|
2 Chronicles 34:4 (King James Version)
And they brake down the altars of Baalim in his presence; and the images, that were on high above them, he cut down; and the groves, and the carved images, and the molten images, he brake in pieces, and made dust of them, and strowed it upon the graves of them that had sacrificed unto them.
- brake down
- 33:3 Exodus 23:24 ; Leviticus 26:30 ; Deuteronomy 7:5 Deuteronomy 7:25
- or, sun images.
- 14:5 2 Kings 23:4 2 Kings 23:5 2 Kings 23:11
- made dust
- 7 ; Exodus 32:20 ; Deuteronomy 9:21 ; 2 Kings 23:12 ; Psalms 18:42 ; Isaiah 27:9
- Hebrew face of the graves.
- 2 Kings 10:26 2 Kings 10:27 ; 2 Kings 23:4 2 Kings 23:6