Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
|Overview - 2 Chronicles 6|
| 1 ||Solomon, having blessed the people, blesses God. |
|12 ||Solomon's prayer in the consecration of the temple, upon the brasen scaffold, etc. |
2 Chronicles 6:42 (King James Version)
O LORD God, turn not away the face of thine anointed: remember the mercies of David thy servant.
- turn not
- That is, "reject not thine anointed;" or, "repulse him not," agreeably to the interpretation of this phrase in the Syriac and Arabic versions.
- 1 Kings 2:16
- thine anointed
- 1 Kings 1:34 ; Psalms 2:2 ; Isaiah 61:1
- Psalms 132:1 ; Isaiah 55:3 ; Acts 13:34
- the mercies
- Or, as Dr. Geddes renders, "the pious deeds of thy servant David
- " The Syriac has, "the good actions of thy servant."