|Overview - 2 Kings 11|
|1||Jehoash, being saved by Jehosheba his aunt from Athaliah's massacre of the seed royal, is hid six years in the house of God.|
|4||Jehoiada, giving order to the captains, in the seventh year anoints him king.|
|13||Athaliah is slain.|
|17||Jehoiada restores the worship of God.|
2 Kings 11:1 (King James Version)
And when Athaliah the mother of Ahaziah saw that her son was dead, she arose and destroyed all the seed royal.
- M. 3120. B.C.884. Athaliah.
- 2 Chronicles 22:10 ; 24:7
- the mother
- 8:26 9:27
- and destroyed
- A similar history is related by Mr. Bruce, as having occurred in Abyssinia. Judith "surprised the rock Damo, and slew the whole of the princes, to the number, it is said, of about 400;" while the infant king, Del Naad, was conveyed for safety
- to a loyal province, and afterwards restored. Matthew 2:13 Matthew 2:16 ; Matthew 21:38 Matthew 21:39
- seed royal
- Hebrew seed of the kingdom.
- 25:25 *marg:
- Jeremiah 41:1