Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
|Overview - 2 Kings 22|
| 1 ||Josiah's good reign. |
| 3 ||He takes care for the repair of the temple. |
| 8 ||Hilkiah having found a book of the law, Josiah sends to Huldah to enquire of the Lord. |
|15 ||Huldah prophesies the destruction of Jerusalem, but respite thereof in Josiah's time. |
2 Kings 22:1 (King James Version)
Josiah was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned thirty and one years in Jerusalem. And his mother's name was Jedidah, the daughter of Adaiah of Boscath.
- M. 3363-3394. B.C. 641-610. Josiah.
- This prince was one of the best, if not the best, of all the Jewish kings since the time of David. He began well, continued well, and ended well.
- 1 Kings 13:2 ; 2 Chronicles 34:1 2 Chronicles 34:2-33 ; Jeremiah 1:2 ; Zephaniah 1:1 ; Matthew 1:10
- eight years old
- 11:21 21:1 Psalms 8:2 ; Ecclesiastes 10:16 ; Isaiah 3:4
- This was a city in the plain country of the tribe of Judah; and is mentioned in the parallel passage along with Lachish and Eglon.
- Joshua 15:39