|Overview - 2 Kings 3|
|6||Jehoram, with Jehoshaphat, and the king of Edom, being distressed for want of water, by Elisha obtains water, and promise of victory.|
|21||The Moabites, deceived by the colour of the water, coming to spoil, are overcome.|
|26||The king of Moab, failing in his attempt to break through to the king of Edom, sacrifices his son, and raises the siege.|
2 Kings 3:11 (King James Version)
But Jehoshaphat said, Is there not here a prophet of the LORD, that we may enquire of the LORD by him? And one of the king of Israel's servants answered and said, Here is Elisha the son of Shaphat, which poured water on the hands of Elijah.
- Is there not here
- 1 Kings 22:7 ; Psalms 74:9 ; Amos 3:7
- that we may
- 2 Kings 3:1 2 Kings 3:3 ; Joshua 9:14 ; Judges 20:8-11 Judges 20:18 Judges 20:23 Judges 20:26-28 ; 1 Chronicles 10:13 ; 1 Chronicles 14:10 1 Chronicles 14:14 15:13
- poured water
- That is, was his constant and confidential servant
- Mr. Hanway, speaking of a Persian supper, says, "Supper being now brought in, a servant presented a basin of water, and a napkin hung over his shoulders; he went to every one in the company, and poured water on their hands to wash."
- Genesis 18:4 ; Joshua 1:1 ; 1 Kings 19:21 ; Luke 22:26 Luke 22:27 ; John 13:4 John 13:5 John 13:13 John 13:14
- 1 Timothy 5:10 ; Philippians 2:22