|Overview - 2 Samuel 6|
|1||David fetches the ark from Kirjath-jearim on a new cart.|
|6||Uzzah is smitten at Perez-uzzah.|
|9||God blesses Obed-edom for the ark.|
|12||David brings the ark into Zion with sacrifices, and dances before it; for which Michal despises him.|
|17||He places it in a tabernacle with great joy and feasting.|
|20||Michal, reproving David for his religious joy, is childless to her death.|
2 Samuel 6:2 (King James Version)
And David arose, and went with all the people that were with him from Baale of Judah, to bring up from thence the ark of God, whose name is called by the name of the LORD of hosts that dwelleth between the cherubims.
- Joshua 15:9 Joshua 15:10 Joshua 15:60
- Baalah, i
- e., Kirjath-jearim.
- 1 Samuel 7:1 ; 1 Chronicles 13:5 1 Chronicles 13:6
- whose name, etc or, at which the name, even the name of the
- Lord of hosts, was called upon.
- Leviticus 24:11-16 ; Isaiah 47:4 ; 54:5
- Exodus 25:18-22 ; 1 Samuel 4:4 ; 1 Kings 8:6 1 Kings 8:7 ; Psalms 80:1 ; 1 Peter 1:12