|Overview - Amos 7|
|1||The judgments of the grasshoppers,|
|4||and of the fire are diverted by the prayer of Amos.|
|7||By the wall of a plumbline is signified the rejection of Israel.|
|10||Amaziah complains of Amos.|
|14||Amos shews his calling;|
|16||and Amaziah's judgment.|
Amos 7:10 (King James Version)
Then Amaziah the priest of Bethel sent to Jeroboam king of Israel, saying, Amos hath conspired against thee in the midst of the house of Israel: the land is not able to bear all his words.
- the priest
- 1 Kings 12:31 1 Kings 12:32 ; 13:33 2 Kings 14:23 2 Kings 14:24 ; 2 Chronicles 13:8 2 Chronicles 13:9 ; Jeremiah 20:1-3
- Jeremiah 29:26 Jeremiah 29:27 ; Matthew 21:23
- This was truly a lying prophet; there was not one word of truth in his message to Jeroboam.
- 1 Kings 18:17 ; Jeremiah 26:8-11 ; 37:13-15 38:4 Luke 23:2 ; Acts 5:28 ; 24:5
- Genesis 37:8 ; Jeremiah 18:18 ; Acts 7:54