|Overview - Daniel 11|
|1||The overthrow of Persia by the king of Grecia.|
|5||Leagues and conflicts between the kings of the south and of the north.|
|30||The invasion and tyranny of the Romans.|
Daniel 11:7 (King James Version)
But out of a branch of her roots shall one stand up in his estate, which shall come with an army, and shall enter into the fortress of the king of the north, and shall deal against them, and shall prevail:
- out of
- Job 14:7 ; Isaiah 9:14 ; 11:1 Jeremiah 12:2 ; Malachi 4:1
- one stand
- Ptolemy Euergetes, who, to avenge his sister's death, marched with a great army against Callinicus, took all Asia from mount Taurus to India, and returned to Egypt with an immense booty.
- 20 ; Psalms 49:10-13 ; 109:8 Luke 12:20
- in his estate
- or, in his place, or office.
- and shall prevail
- Psalms 55:23 ; Ezekiel 17:18