Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
|Overview - Deuteronomy 2|
| 1 ||The story is continued, that they were not to meddle with the Edomites; |
| 9 ||nor with the Moabites; |
|16 ||nor with the Ammonites; |
|24 ||but Sihon the Amorite was subdued by them. |
Deuteronomy 2:9 (King James Version)
And the LORD said unto me, Distress not the Moabites, neither contend with them in battle: for I will not give thee of their land for a possession; because I have given Ar unto the children of Lot for a possession.
- Distress not the Moabites or, Use no hostility against
- Numbers 22:4 ; Judges 11:17 ; 2 Chronicles 20:10
- Ar was situated south of the Arnon; and was called by the Greek writers Areopolis, and thought by them to be so named because the inhabitants worshipped [Ares,] or Mars St. Jerome says that it was destroyed by an earthquake when he was an infant. Burckhardt supposes that the ruins of a small castle called Mehatet el Hadj, may be the site of this ancient city.
- 5 ; Numbers 21:15 Numbers 21:28
- the children
- 19 ; Genesis 19:36 Genesis 19:37 ; Psalms 83:8