|Overview - Esther 1|
|1||Ahasuerus makes royal feasts.|
|10||Vashti, sent for, refuses to come.|
|13||Ahasuerus, by the counsel of Memucan, puts away Vashti, and makes the decree of men's sovereignty.|
Esther 1:12 (King James Version)
But the queen Vashti refused to come at the king's commandment by his chamberlains: therefore was the king very wroth, and his anger burned in him.
- the queen
- This refusal of Vashti's, to expose herself to the view of such a group of drunken Bacchanalians, was highly praiseworthy, and became the dignity of her rank and the modesty of her sex.
- Genesis 3:16 ; Ephesians 5:22 Ephesians 5:24 ; 1 Peter 3:1
- by his chamberlains
- Hebrew which was by the hand of his
- was the king.
- Proverbs 19:12 ; 20:2 Daniel 2:12 ; Daniel 3:13 Daniel 3:19 Nahum 1:6 ; Revelation 6:16 Revelation 6:17
- Exodus 32:19 Exodus 32:22 ; Deuteronomy 29:20 ; Psalms 74:1 ; 79:5