|Overview - Esther 1|
|1||Ahasuerus makes royal feasts.|
|10||Vashti, sent for, refuses to come.|
|13||Ahasuerus, by the counsel of Memucan, puts away Vashti, and makes the decree of men's sovereignty.|
Esther 1:22 (King James Version)
For he sent letters into all the king's provinces, into every province according to the writing thereof, and to every people after their language, that every man should bear rule in his own house, and that it should be published according to the language of every people.
- into every province
- 3:12 8:9 Daniel 3:29 ; 4:1
- that every man
- Both the law of God and common sense taught this from the foundation of the world; and this parade of enactment was only to deprive Vashti of her crown.
- Ephesians 5:22-24 ; 1 Timothy 2:12 ; Titus 2:4 Titus 2:5
- it should, etc
- Hebrew one should publish it according to the
- language of his country.
- Luke 16:8 ; Acts 2:5-11 ; 1 Corinthians 14:19 1 Corinthians 14:20