|Overview - Esther 10|
Esther 10:2 (King James Version)
And all the acts of his power and of his might, and the declaration of the greatness of Mordecai, whereunto the king advanced him, are they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Media and Persia?
- all the acts
- 1 Kings 11:41 ; 22:39
- advanced him
- Hebrew made him great.
- 8:15 9:4 Psalms 18:35 ; Daniel 2:48
- in the book
- 2:23 6:1 1 Kings 14:19
- Media, which comprehended the modern Azerbijan and part of Irak, was a celebrated country of Asia, bounded on the north by the Caspian Sea and Armenia, west by Assyria, south by Susiana and Persia, and east by Hyrcania and Parthia, extending from 30 degrees to 37 degrees N
- lat. and 45 degrees to 53 degrees E
- Persia Proper, now Fars, was but a small province, being bounded on the north by Media, west by Susiana, south by the Persian Gulf, and east by Caramania, extending from 27 degrees to 33 degrees N
- lat. and 50 ; degrees to 55 ; degrees E. long. But the Persian empire in its ancient state extended from the Hellespont to the Indus, above Esther 10:2 Esther 10:800 ; miles, and from Pontus to the shores of Arabia, above Esther 10:2 Esther 10:000 ; miles; comprehending a multitude of various nations.