|Overview - Exodus 12|
|1||The beginning of the year is changed.|
|3||The passover is instituted.|
|11||The import of the rite of the passover.|
|15||Unleavened bread, etc.|
|29||The firstborn are slain.|
|31||The Israelites are driven out of the land.|
|37||They come to Succoth.|
|41||The time of their sojourning.|
|43||The ordinance of the passover.|
Exodus 12:6 (King James Version)
And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening.
- Leviticus 23:5 ; Numbers 9:3 ; Numbers 28:16 Numbers 28:18 Deuteronomy 16:1-6 ; 2 Chronicles 30:15 ; Ezekiel 45:21
- the whole
- 2 Chronicles 30:15-18 ; Isaiah 53:6 ; Matthew 27:20 Matthew 27:25 ; Mark 15:1 Mark 15:8 Mark 15:11 Mark 15:25 Mark 15:33 Mark 15:34
- Luke 23:1 Luke 23:18 ; Acts 2:23 ; 3:14 4:27
- in the evening
- Hebrew between the two evenings.
- The Jews divided the day into morning and evening: till the sun passed the meridian, all was morning or forenoon; after that, all was evening or afternoon. Their first evening began just after twelve o'clock, and continued till sunset; their second evening began at sunset, and continued till night, i
- e., during the whole time of twilight; between twelve o'clock, therefore, and the termination of twilight, the passover was to be offered
- See Parallel Passages.
- 16:12 Matthew 27:46-50