|Overview - Ezekiel 16|
|1||Under the similitude of a wretched infant is shewn the natural state of Jerusalem.|
|6||God's extraordinary love towards her.|
|15||Her monstrous whoredom.|
|35||Her grievous judgment.|
|44||Her sin, equal to her mother, and exceeding her sisters, Sodom and Samaria, calls for judgments.|
|60||Mercy is promised her in the end.|
Ezekiel 16:7 (King James Version)
I have caused thee to multiply as the bud of the field, and thou hast increased and waxen great, and thou art come to excellent ornaments: thy breasts are fashioned, and thine hair is grown, whereas thou wast naked and bare.
- caused, etc
- Hebrew made thee a million.
- Genesis 22:17 ; Exodus 1:7 ; 12:37 Acts 7:17
- excellent ornaments
- Hebrew ornament of ornaments.
- Ezekiel 16:10-13 Ezekiel 16:16 ; Exodus 3:22 ; Deuteronomy 1:10 ; 4:8 32:10-14 33:26-29 Nehemiah 9:18-25
- Psalms 135:4 ; 147:20 148:14 149:2-4 Isaiah 61:10 ; 62:3
- 22 ; Job 1:21 ; Solomon 4:5 ; Hosea 2:3 Hosea 2:9 Hosea 2:10 ; Revelation 3:17 Revelation 3:18