|Overview - Ezekiel 17|
|1||Under the parable of two eagles and a vine,|
|11||is shewn God's judgment upon Jerusalem for revolting from Babylon to Egypt.|
|22||God promises to plant the cedar of the Gospel.|
Ezekiel 17:9 (King James Version)
Say thou, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Shall it prosper? shall he not pull up the roots thereof, and cut off the fruit thereof, that it wither? it shall wither in all the leaves of her spring, even without great power or many people to pluck it up by the roots thereof.
- Shall it
- Shall he succeed in casting off the yoke of the king of Babylon, to whom he had sworn fealty?
- Ezekiel 17:10 Ezekiel 17:15-17 ; Numbers 14:41 ; 2 Chronicles 13:12 ; 20:20 Isaiah 8:9 Isaiah 8:10 ; 30:1-7 31:1-3
- Jeremiah 32:5
- shall he
- He shall come and dethrone him, and carry him captive.
- 2 Kings 25:4-7 ; Jeremiah 21:4-7 ; 24:8-10 29:4-7 52:7-11
- the fruit
- The children of Zedekiah.
- Jeremiah 37:10