Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
|Overview - Ezekiel 19|
| 1 ||A lamentation for the princes of Israel, under the parable of lion's whelps taken in a pit; |
|10 ||and for Jerusalem, under the parable of a wasted vine. |
Ezekiel 19:2 (King James Version)
And say, What is thy mother? A lioness: she lay down among lions, she nourished her whelps among young lions.
- A lioness
- Judea, which possessed strength, courage, and sovereignty.
- Nahum 2:11 Nahum 2:12 ; Zephaniah 3:1-4
- she lay
- Had confederacy with the neighbouring kings, and learned their manners.
- her whelps
- The sons of Josiah, who learned to be oppressive tyrants from the surrounding princes.
- young lions
- Job 4:11 ; Psalms 58:6 ; Isaiah 5:29 ; 11:6-9 Zechariah 11:3