|Overview - Ezekiel 20|
|1||God refuses to be consulted by the elders of Israel.|
|4||He shews the story of their rebellions in Egypt,|
|10||in the wilderness,|
|27||and in the land.|
|33||He promises to gather them by the Gospel.|
|45||Under the name of a forest he shews the destruction of Jerusalem.|
Ezekiel 20:40 (King James Version)
For in mine holy mountain, in the mountain of the height of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, there shall all the house of Israel, all of them in the land, serve me: there will I accept them, and there will I require your offerings, and the firstfruits of your oblations, with all your holy things.
- in mine
- These predictions received a partial accomplishment by the restoration of the Jews from the Babylonian captivity; but they seem chiefly to relate to the establishment of the Christian church, and more especially to the future conversion of the Jews, and their restoration to their own land.
- 17:23 Psalms 2:6 ; Psalms 68:15 Psalms 68:16 Isaiah 2:2 Isaiah 2:3 ; 66:20 Jeremiah 31:12 ; Joel 3:17 Joel 3:18
- Obadiah 1:16 ; Micah 4:1 Micah 4:2 ; Hebrews 12:20-22 ; Revelation 21:10
- there shall
- 37:22-28 Isaiah 56:7 ; 60:7 66:23 Zechariah 8:20-23 ; Malachi 1:11 ; 3:4 Revelation 12:1
- Hebrews 13:15 ; 1 Peter 2:5
- or, chief.