Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
|Overview - Ezekiel 23|
| 1 ||The whoredoms of Aholah and Aholibah. |
|23 ||Aholibah is to be plagued by her lovers. |
|36 ||The prophet reproves the adulteries of them both; |
|45 ||and shews their judgments. |
Ezekiel 23:42 (King James Version)
And a voice of a multitude being at ease was with her: and with the men of the common sort were brought Sabeans from the wilderness, which put bracelets upon their hands, and beautiful crowns upon their heads.
- a voice
- This seems to be an account of an idolatrous festival, perhaps that of Bacchus; in which a riotous and drunken multitude assembled, adorned with bracelets and chaplets, accompanied with music, songs, and dances.
- Exodus 32:6 Exodus 32:18 Exodus 32:19 ; Hosea 13:6 ; Amos 6:1-6
- common sort
- Hebrew multitude of men. were brought.
- Job 1:15 ; Joel 3:8
- or, drunkards. bracelets.
- Ezekiel 16:11 Ezekiel 16:12 Revelation 12:3