Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
|Overview - Ezekiel 26|
| 1 ||Tyrus, for insulting against Jerusalem, is threatened with destruction. |
| 7 ||The power of Nebuchadnezzar against her. |
|15 ||The mourning and astonishment of the sea at her fall. |
Ezekiel 26:14 (King James Version)
And I will make thee like the top of a rock: thou shalt be a place to spread nets upon; thou shalt be built no more: for I the LORD have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD.
- I will
- Old Tyre was never rebuilt after its destruction by Nebuchadnezzar; and there are now no traces left to mark its site. The new city, when visited by Maundrell, Bruce, and other travellers, was literally "a place for fishers to dry their nets on."
- Ezekiel 26:4 Ezekiel 26:5 Ezekiel 26:12
- be built
- Deuteronomy 13:16 ; Job 12:14 ; Malachi 1:4
- for I
- Ezekiel 5:13 Ezekiel 5:15 Ezekiel 5:17 17:21-24 21:32 22:14 30:12 Numbers 23:19 ; Job 40:8
- Isaiah 14:27 ; Matthew 24:35