|Overview - Ezekiel 39|
|1||God's judgment upon Gog.|
|11||Gog's burial in Hamon-gog.|
|17||The feast of the fowls.|
|21||Israel having been plagued for their sins,|
|25||shall be gathered again with eternal favour.|
Ezekiel 39:2 (King James Version)
And I will turn thee back, and leave but the sixth part of thee, and will cause thee to come up from the north parts, and will bring thee upon the mountains of Israel:
- I will
- It is probable that none of the invaders will escape: but perhaps the inhabitants of Magog in general are meant. The immense army of Gog, led forth against Israel, will almost empty his land; and the subsequent judgments of God upon those that remain at home, will reduce them to a sixth of the whole.
- Psalms 40:14 ; 68:2 Isaiah 37:29
- leave but the sixth part of thee or, strike thee with six
- plagues; or, draw thee back with a hook of six teeth, as ch. 38:4
- and will cause.
- 38:15 Daniel 11:40
- north parts
- Hebrew sides of the north.