Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
|Overview - Ezekiel 46|
| 1 ||Ordinances for the prince in his worship; |
| 9 ||and for the people. |
|16 ||An order for the prince's inheritance. |
|19 ||The courts for boiling and baking. |
Ezekiel 46:1 (King James Version)
Thus saith the Lord GOD; The gate of the inner court that looketh toward the east shall be shut the six working days; but on the sabbath it shall be opened, and in the day of the new moon it shall be opened.
- Thus saith
- Whether the rules for public worship here laid down were designed to be observed in those things wherein they differed from the law of Moses, in the ministrations of the second temple, is not certain. In the latter history of the Jewish church, the law of Moses only was followed, except in the corruption of following the traditions of the fathers.
- The gate
- The prophet had before observed that the east gate of the outer court was shut, and was told that it must only be opened for the prince; and now he is informed that the gate of the inner court on the east was also shut, and is to be opened only on the sabbath and new moons, till the evening.
- shall be shut
- Ezekiel 44:1 Ezekiel 44:2
- six working
- Genesis 3:19 ; Exodus 20:9 ; Luke 13:14
- on the sabbath
- 45:17 Isaiah 66:23 ; Hebrews 4:9 Hebrews 4:10