Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
|Overview - Ezekiel 7|
| 1 ||The final desolation of Israel. |
|16 ||The mournful repentance of them that escape. |
|20 ||The enemies defile the sanctuary because of the Israelites' abominations. |
|23 ||Under the type of a chain is shewn the miserable captivity of all orders of men. |
Ezekiel 7:24 (King James Version)
Wherefore I will bring the worst of the heathen, and they shall possess their houses: I will also make the pomp of the strong to cease; and their holy places shall be defiled.
- I will bring
- 21:31 28:7 Psalms 106:41 ; Jeremiah 4:7 ; 12:12 Habakkuk 1:6-10
- they shall
- That is, "the Chaldeans shall possess the houses of the Jews." The antecedents of pronouns are thus frequently understood in Hebrew poetry.
- Jeremiah 6:12 ; Lamentations 5:2
- I will also
- 33:28 Isaiah 5:14
- the pomp
- That is, the magnificence of their greatest and haughtiest princes.
- their holy places shall be defiled or, they shall inherit
- their holy places.
- 21:2 2 Chronicles 7:19 ; Psalms 83:12