|Overview - Ezra 8|
|1||The companions of Ezra, who returned from Babylon.|
|15||He sends to Iddo for ministers for the temple.|
|21||He keeps a fast.|
|24||He commits the treasures to the custody of the priests.|
|31||From Ahava they come to Jerusalem.|
|33||The treasure is weighed in the temple.|
|36||The commission is delivered.|
Ezra 8:17 (King James Version)
And I sent them with commandment unto Iddo the chief at the place Casiphia, and I told them what they should say unto Iddo, and to his brethren the Nethinims, at the place Casiphia, that they should bring unto us ministers for the house of our God.
- Casiphia is supposed to denote the Caspian mountains, between Media and Hyrcania, near the Caspian Sea. It is evident, from a comparison of ch
- 7:9 with ver. 31, ; that Casiphia could not be far from Ahava.
- I told them
- Hebrew I put words in their mouth.
- Exodus 4:15 ; Deuteronomy 18:18 ; 2 Samuel 14:3 2 Samuel 14:19 ; Jeremiah 1:9 ; 15:19
- the Nethinims
- Ezra 2:43 Ezra 2:58 7:7
- Numbers 8:22-26 ; 18:6 1 Chronicles 23:3-6 1 Chronicles 23:26-32 ; Titus 1:5