|Overview - Genesis 17|
|1||God renews the covenant with Abram, and changes his name to Abraham, in token of a greater blessing.|
|9||Circumcision is instituted.|
|15||Sarai's name is changed to Sarah, and she is blessed.|
|17||Isaac is promised, and the time of his birth fixed.|
|23||Abraham and Ishmael are circumcised.|
Genesis 17:8 (King James Version)
And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.
- And I
- 12:7 Genesis 13:15 Genesis 13:17 15:7-21 Psalms 105:9 Psalms 105:11
- wherein thou art a stranger
- Hebrew of thy sojournings.
- 23:4 28:4
- 48:4 Exodus 21:6 ; Exodus 31:16 Exodus 31:17 40:15 Leviticus 16:34 ; Numbers 25:13 ; Deuteronomy 32:8 ; 2 Samuel 23:5
- Psalms 103:17 ; Hebrews 9:15
- Exodus 6:7 ; Leviticus 26:12 ; Deuteronomy 4:37 ; 14:2 26:18 29:13