Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
|Overview - Genesis 20|
| 1 ||Abraham sojourns at Gerar. |
| 2 ||Denies his wife, who is taken by Abimelech. |
| 3 ||Abimelech is reproved for her in a dream. |
| 9 ||He rebukes Abraham. |
|14 ||Restores Sarah; |
|16 ||and reproves her. |
|17 ||Abimelech and his family are healed at Abraham's prayer. |
Genesis 20:1 (King James Version)
And Abraham journeyed from thence toward the south country, and dwelled between Kadesh and Shur, and sojourned in Gerar.
- M. cir. 2107. B.C. cir. 1897. from.
- 13:1 18:1 24:62
- 14:7 Genesis 16:1 Genesis 16:7 Genesis 16:14 Numbers 13:26 ; 20:16 Deuteronomy 1:19 ; 32:51 1 Samuel 15:7 ; Psalms 29:8
- Gerar was a city of Arabia Petra, under a king of the Philistines, 25 miles from Eleutheropolis beyond Daroma, in the south of Judah
- From ch. 10:19 it appears to have been situated in the angle where the south and west sides of Canaan met, and to have been not far from Gaza. Jerome, in his Hebrew Traditions on Genesis, says, from Gerar to Jerusalem was three days' journey. There was a wood near Gerar, spoken of by Theodoret; and a brook, (ch. 26:26, ) on which was a monastery, noticed by Sozomen.
- 10:19 Genesis 26:1 Genesis 26:6 Genesis 26:20 Genesis 26:26 2 Chronicles 14:13 2 Chronicles 14:14