|Overview - Genesis 21|
|1||Isaac is born, and circumcised.|
|8||Isaac is weaned.|
|9||Hagar and Ishmael are cast forth.|
|15||Hagar in distress.|
|17||The angel relieves and comforts her.|
|23||Abimelech's covenant with Abraham at Beer-sheba.|
Genesis 21:14 (King James Version)
And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and took bread, and a bottle of water, and gave it unto Hagar, putting it on her shoulder, and the child, and sent her away: and she departed, and wandered in the wilderness of Beersheba.
- M. 2112. B.C. 1892. rose up.
- 19:27 22:3 24:54 26:31 Psalms 119:60 ; Proverbs 27:14 ; Ecclesiastes 9:10
- 25:6 Genesis 36:6 Genesis 36:7
- Or, youth, (see ver. 12, 20,) as Ishmael was now 16 or 17 years of age.
- John 8:35
- 16:7 37:15 Psalms 107:4 ; Isaiah 16:8 ; Galatians 4:23-25
- So called when Moses wrote; but not before Abraham's covenant with Abimelech, ver
- 31. Such instances of the figure prolepsis are not infrequent in the Pentateuch.
- 33 ; 22:19 26:33 46:1 1 Kings 19:3