|Overview - Genesis 5|
|1||Recapitulation of the creation of man.|
|3||The genealogy, age, and death of the patriarchs from Adam to Noah.|
|22||The godliness and translation of Enoch.|
|25||The birth of Noah, etc.|
Genesis 5:3 (King James Version)
And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:
- M. 130. B.C. 3874. hundred.
- The chronology differs in the Hebrew Text, the Samaritan, the LXX
- , and Josephus. The LXX. adds 100 ; years to each of the patriarchs Adam, Seth, Enos, Cainan, Mahalaleel, and Enoch, before the birth of their sons; while they take 20 ; from the age of Methuselah, and add 6 ; to that of Lamech. Thus the space from the creation to the deluge is made Genesis 5:2 Genesis 5:242 ; years, according to the Vatican copy, but Genesis 5:2 Genesis 5:262 ; by the Alexandrine; and the sum total by Josephus is Genesis 5:2 Genesis 5:265 ; by the Samaritan Genesis 5:1 Genesis 5:307 ; and the Hebrew Text, 1,656. The sum total from the
- Deluge to the 70th year of Terah, according to these authorities, is, Heb 292; Sam. 942; Sept. Vat. 1,172; Alex. Genesis 5:1 Genesis 5:072 ; and Josephus 1,002.
- in his
- Job 14:4 ; 15:14-16 25:4 Psalms 14:2 Psalms 14:3 ; 51:5 Luke 1:35 ; John 3:6 ; Romans 5:12
- 1 Corinthians 15:39 ; Ephesians 2:3