|Overview - Hosea 1|
|1||Hosea, to shew God's judgment for spiritual whoredom, takes Gomer,|
|4||and has by her Jezreel;|
|10||The restoration of Judah and Israel under one head.|
Hosea 1:2 (King James Version)
The beginning of the word of the LORD by Hosea. And the LORD said to Hosea, Go, take unto thee a wife of whoredoms and children of whoredoms: for the land hath committed great whoredom, departing from the LORD.
- Mark 1:1
- 3:1 Isaiah 20:2 Isaiah 20:3 ; Jeremiah 13:1-11 ; Ezekiel 4:1-5:17
- a wife
- That is, says Apb. Newcome, a wife from among the Israelites, who were a people remarkable for spiritual fornication or idolatry.
- 2:4 2 Peter 2:14 ; *marg:
- Exodus 34:15 Exodus 34:16 ; Deuteronomy 31:16 ; 2 Chronicles 21:13 ; Psalms 73:27 ; 106:39 Jeremiah 2:13
- Jeremiah 3:1-4 Jeremiah 3:9 ; Ezekiel 6:9 ; 16:1-63 23:1-49 Revelation 17:1 Revelation 17:2 Revelation 17:5