Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
|Overview - Isaiah 15|
| 1 ||The lamentable state of Moab. |
Isaiah 15:1 (King James Version)
The burden of Moab. Because in the night Ar of Moab is laid waste, and brought to silence; because in the night Kir of Moab is laid waste, and brought to silence;
- This and the following chapter form one entire prophecy; which was most probably delivered, as Bp. Lowth supposes, soon after the foregoing, (ch. 14:28-32, ) in the first year of Hezekiah, and accomplished in his fourth year when Shalmaneser invaded Israel.
- 13:1 14:28
- 11:14 25:10 Jeremiah 9:26 ; 48:1-47 Ezekiel 25:8-11 ; Amos 2:1-3 ; Zephaniah 2:8-11
- in the
- Exodus 12:29 Exodus 12:30 ; 1 Thessalonians 5:1-3
- Numbers 21:28 ; Deuteronomy 2:9 Deuteronomy 2:18
- brought to silence
- or, cut off. Kir.
- 2 Kings 3:25
- Jeremiah 48:31 Jeremiah 48:36