|Overview - Isaiah 49|
|1||Christ being sent to the Jews, complains of them.|
|5||He is sent to the Gentiles with gracious promises.|
|13||God's love is perpetual to his church.|
|18||The ample restoration of the church.|
|24||The powerful deliverance out of captivity.|
Isaiah 49:23 (King James Version)
And kings shall be thy nursing fathers, and their queens thy nursing mothers: they shall bow down to thee with their face toward the earth, and lick up the dust of thy feet; and thou shalt know that I am the LORD: for they shall not be ashamed that wait for me.
- Cyrus, Darius, Artaxerxes, and other Persian monarchs, as well as Alexander the Great, and his successors, particularly Demetrius, conferred many privileges and immunities on the Jewish people, and were munificent benefactors to their temple. But the prophecy was more remarkably and fully fulfilled in the favour which Constantine the Great, and other Christian princes and princesses from his time to the present day, have shewn to the church of Christ; though it cannot be disputed, that the grand and signal accomplishment of these predictions is yet future.
- 7 ; 52:15 Isaiah 60:3 Isaiah 60:10 Isaiah 60:11 Isaiah 60:16 62:2 Ezra 1:2-4 ; 6:7-12 7:11-28 Nehemiah 2:6-10
- Esther 8:1-10:3 ; Psalms 2:10-12 ; 68:31 Psalms 72:10 Psalms 72:11 138:4 Revelation 21:24-26
- nursing fathers
- Hebrew nourishers.
- Numbers 11:12
- Hebrew princesses. bow.
- 45:14 60:14 Genesis 43:26 ; Psalms 72:9 ; Revelation 3:9
- lick up
- Micah 7:17
- for they
- 25:9 64:4 Psalms 25:3 ; 34:22 69:6 Romans 5:5 ; 9:33 10:11 1 Peter 2:6