|Overview - Jeremiah 21|
|1||Zedekiah sends to Jeremiah to enquire the event of Nebuchadnezzar's war.|
|3||Jeremiah foretells a hard seige and miserable captivity.|
|8||He counsels the people to fall to the Chaldeans;|
|11||and upbraids the King's house.|
Jeremiah 21:1 (King James Version)
The word which came unto Jeremiah from the LORD, when king Zedekiah sent unto him Pashur the son of Melchiah, and Zephaniah the son of Maaseiah the priest, saying,
- M. cir. 3415. B.C. cir. 589. The word.
- This discourse was delivered about the ninth year of the reign of Zedekiah
- This chapter, observes Dr. Blayney, contains the first of those prophecies which were delivered by Jeremiah subsequent to the revolt of Zedekiah, and the breaking out of the war thereupon; and which are continued on to the taking of Jerusalem, related in ch
- 39, in the following order: ch. 21; 34; 32; 33; 38; 39.
- 32:1-3 37:1 52:1-3 2 Kings 24:17 2 Kings 24:18 ; 1 Chronicles 3:15 ; 2 Chronicles 36:10-13
- 38:1 1 Chronicles 9:12 ; Nehemiah 11:12
- 29:25 37:3 52:24 2 Kings 25:18-21