Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
|Overview - Jeremiah 41|
| 1 ||Ishmael, treacherously killing Gedaliah and others, purposes with the residue to flee unto the Ammonites. |
|11 ||Johanan recovers the captives, and is minded to flee into Egypt. |
Jeremiah 41:5 (King James Version)
That there came certain from Shechem, from Shiloh, and from Samaria, even fourscore men, having their beards shaven, and their clothes rent, and having cut themselves, with offerings and incense in their hand, to bring them to the house of the LORD.
- 2 Kings 10:13 2 Kings 10:14
- Genesis 33:18 ; 34:2 Joshua 24:32 ; Judges 9:1 ; 1 Kings 12:1 1 Kings 12:25
- Jeremiah 7:12 Jeremiah 7:14 Joshua 18:1
- 1 Kings 16:24 1 Kings 16:29
- their beards
- All these were signs of deep mourning; which, though forbidden on funeral occasions, were customary, and perhaps counted allowable, on seasons of public calamity, and this mourning was probably on account of the destruction of Jerusalem.
- Leviticus 19:27 Leviticus 19:28 ; Deuteronomy 14:1 ; 2 Samuel 10:4 ; Isaiah 15:2
- to the
- 1 Samuel 1:7 ; 2 Kings 25:9 ; Psalms 102:14