|Overview - Jeremiah 48|
|1||The judgment of Moab,|
|7||for their pride;|
|11||for their security;|
|14||for their carnal confidence;|
|26||and for their contempt of God and his people.|
|47||The restoration of Moab.|
Jeremiah 48:2 (King James Version)
There shall be no more praise of Moab: in Heshbon they have devised evil against it; come, and let us cut it off from being a nation. Also thou shalt be cut down, O Madmen; the sword shall pursue thee.
- no more
- 17 ; Isaiah 16:14
- Jeremiah 48:34 Jeremiah 48:35 ; Numbers 21:25-30 ; 32:37 Isaiah 15:5 ; Isaiah 16:8 Isaiah 16:9
- 42 ; 31:36 33:24 46:28 Esther 3:8-14 ; Psalms 83:4-8
- thou shalt
- Jeremiah 25:15 Jeremiah 25:17
- cut down
- or, brought to silence.
- Isaiah 15:1 ; 25:10 *marg:
- pursue thee. Hebrew go after thee.