|Overview - Joshua 11|
|1||Divers kings overcome at the waters of Merom.|
|10||Hazor is taken and burnt.|
|16||All the country taken by Joshua.|
|21||The Anakims cut off.|
|23||The land rest from war.|
Joshua 11:1 (King James Version)
And it came to pass, when Jabin king of Hazor had heard those things, that he sent to Jobab king of Madon, and to the king of Shimron, and to the king of Achshaph,
- 10 ; 12:19 19:36 Judges 4:2 Judges 4:17
- he sent
- Joshua 10:3 Joshua 10:4 Psalms 2:1-4 ; 83:1-3 Isaiah 26:11 ; Isaiah 43:2 Isaiah 43:5-7
- The LXX. read [Marn,] which, if legitimate, Calmet thinks may be the same as Maronia or Marath, in Phoenicia, to the north of mount Lebanon, ch
- 12:19 20; 19:15 25.
- Supposed to be the same with Symira, in Coele-Syria, joined to Maron or Marath by Pliny and Pomponius Mela.
- Supposed by some to be the same as Achzib or Ecdippa; from which, however, it is distinguished in ch
- 19:25 29. It was in the northern part of the tribe of Asher.