|Overview - Judges 1|
|1||The acts of Judah and Simeon.|
|4||Adonibezek justly requited.|
|11||Othniel has Achsah to wife for taking of Debir.|
|16||The Kenites dwell in Judah.|
|17||Hormah, Gaza, Askelon, and Ekron taken.|
|21||The acts of Benjamin.|
|22||Of the house of Joseph, who take Beth-el.|
Judges 1:19 (King James Version)
And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.
- the Lord
- 2 ; Judges 6:12 Judges 6:13 Genesis 39:2 Genesis 39:21 ; Joshua 1:5 Joshua 1:9 ; 14:12 2 Samuel 5:10 ; 2 Kings 18:7
- Psalms 46:7 Psalms 46:11 ; 60:12 Ecclesiastes 9:11 ; Isaiah 7:14 ; 8:10 Isaiah 41:10 Isaiah 41:14 Isaiah 41:15 Matthew 1:23
- Romans 8:31
- he drave, etc
- or he possessed the mountain. but could.
- Not because the iron chariots were too strong for Omnipotence, or because he refused to help them; but because their courage and faith failed when they saw them.
- 27-32 ; Joshua 7:12 ; Matthew 14:30 Matthew 14:31 ; Matthew 17:19 Matthew 17:20 Philippians 4:13
- Exodus 14:7-31 ; Joshua 11:1-9 ; 17:16-18 Psalms 46:9