|Overview - Judges 3|
|1||The nations which were left to prove Israel.|
|5||By communion with them they commit idolatry.|
|8||Othniel delivered them from Chushan-rishathaim;|
|12||Ehud from Eglon;|
|31||and Shamgar from the Philistines.|
Judges 3:15 (King James Version)
But when the children of Israel cried unto the LORD, the LORD raised them up a deliverer, Ehud the son of Gera, a Benjamite, a man lefthanded: and by him the children of Israel sent a present unto Eglon the king of Moab.
- M. 2679. B.C. 1325. An. Ex. Is. 166. cried unto.
- 9 ; Psalms 50:15 ; 78:34 90:15 Jeremiah 29:12 Jeremiah 29:13 ; 33:3
- a Benjamite
- or, the son of Jemini. left-handed. Hebrew shut
- of his right hand. This Hebrew phrase intimates that, either through disease or disuse, he made little or no use of the right hand, but of his left only, and so was the less fit for war, because he would most likely wield a dagger awkwardly: yet God chose this left-handed man to be the minister of his retributive justice. It was God's right hand that gained Israel the victory, Psalms 44:3 ;not the right hand of the instruments he employed.
- 20:16 1 Chronicles 12:2
- sent a present
- 1 Samuel 10:27 ; Proverbs 18:16 ; 19:6 21:14 Isaiah 36:16